On behalf of the organizers, I sincerely invite you to consider submitting the results of your recent research to The Third International Workshop on Advanced Data Systems Management, Engineering, and Analytics (MegaData), which will be held in conjunction with the 23rd IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Internet Computing (CCGRID2023).
The MegaData objective is to bring together researchers, practitioners, system administrators, system programmers, and others interested in sharing and presenting their perspectives on the effective management of big data systems. The focus of the workshop is on a novel and practical, systems-oriented work, where MegaData, whose moto this year is “MegaData: where the Edge meets the Cloud”, offers an opportunity to showcase the latest advances in this area and discuss and identify future directions and challenges in management and engineering of big data systems.
MegaData covers the area of Big Data operations (management, engineering, and analytics) within Cloud and Edge computing models. It aims to report on the advances and trends in Big Data deployment architectures from both the infrastructure and application levels. Papers presenting recent results, research issues, practical applications, case studies, and industrial implementations are welcome.
Specific topics of interest include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Resource management and scheduling mechanisms for data systems
- Auto Scaling and elastic scaling approaches and mechanisms
- Data governance and privacy of “data in motion” and “data at rest” over edge/cloud
- Emerging Data deployment models in IoT, IoT-to-Cloud, Edge/fog
- Federated Learning and edge intelligence for big data systems
- Advances data storage models, including object stores and key-value stores
- Techniques for data integrity, availability, reliability, and fault tolerance
- Big Data workflows (data management, data wrangling, automated workflows)
- Data pipeline (data lake to analytics, new data stream architectures, edge/fog, cloud enabled solutions)
- High-performance Data Analytics applications
- Adaptive offloading techniques among Fog, Edge, and Cloud Computing
- Submission open: December 1st, 2022
- Paper submission Deadline: January 15th, 2023
- Acceptance notification: February 10th, 2023
- Camera-ready submission: March 17th, 2023
- Conference Dates: May 1st, 2023
We invite original research papers that have not been previously published and are not currently under review for publication elsewhere. Submitted papers should be no longer than 8 pages (including references and appendices) in two-column IEEE template format. Papers need to be submitted through the EasyChair submission portal.
Best papers presented at the workshop will be selected, and the corresponding authors will be invited to submit an extended version of their papers for possible publications in: Special Issue on Emerging Topics in Big Data and Edge Intelligence on Springer Cluster Computing (IF 2.3)
Submit the paper and meet our team in Bangalore, India in May, 2023!
With best wishes,
MegaData organizers – Yaser Jararweh, Feras M. Awaysheh, Moath Jarrah, Anastasija Nikiforova, Sadi Alawadi